Letter to an OFW Dad


Dear daddy,

I saw mom making this letter one silent evening. Believing I was deeply asleep, she sat few meters away, held her pen and started squeezing out all her thoughts, emotions and sentiments. She caught me staring at her, we we're both quiet as if we had cryptic mental interconnection. Her hand did not pause writing while her misty eyes looked at only two directions. After throwing glances at me, she cast attention to the paper. It's so amazing that mom was able to read the contents of my innocent mind. I was 7 months old when it happened, I could neither speak verbally nor read any words but I had the gift of understanding. The sadness concealed in mom's heart is shown through her expressive eyes. When my tummy clamored for milk every midnight, I couldn't resist waking up. Mom was still awake during that time and her silent weeping was very obvious to me.


I know the reason why mommy continued her job, she wanted to keep herself busy so as to ignore her longings for you each waking hour of the day. Dad, it's been 3 months since you walked away and left a sincere promise of a safe return. Now, mom is able to flash happy smiles again and her laughters sound well, maybe she has already adjusted to the situation.


We wouldn't be waiting long, every month is followed by another so quickly. Two years might unnoticeably pass with less anticipation. God's plan is incredible, His will is in favor to us and His mercy overflows. I know He listens to our earnest prayers and requests. We will meet soon Dad; by the time you come back, I would tell you to stay and never leave our happy home again.


Missing you so,

Carl

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Life is happier when you're around...Wish you are here, Jay.